Your IP address is a unique number that can tell websites (and anyone else who might be looking) a lot about you. It can be used to track you online, determine your physical location, identify your internet service provider and much more. Because of this, it’s not a bad idea to know how to change your IP address.
Changing your IP address is not difficult. With tools like SurfEasy VPN, you can not only hide your IP address but you can also “borrow” an IP address from another country, so the internet is trick into thinking that you’re located in that region. SurfEasy lets you move from the US to the UK to Singapore in seconds.
Here’s how to get started:
Step 1: Download SurfEasy
If you don’t already have an account with SurfEasy you can create an account and download the VPN here. Downloading and installing the application only takes a few seconds. You can set up SurfEasy to work on your Windows, Mac, Android or iOS device – in fact, you can add any 5 devices to your account.
Step 2: Turn it On and Change Regions
With SurfEasy installed on your computer, tablet or phone, all you really need to do is turn it on, and to change your region if you want to. By default, SurfEasy will connect you to the nearest location to ensure the fastest data connection possible. But don’t be afraid to travel around the world. Switching regions is simple and free. Just select the country you want from the drop down menu to change your IP address to one from that region. If you get stuck, don’t worry! Simply click on whichever of these links corresponds to your device, and we’ll explain how its done.
- How to change your IP Address for Android
- How to change your IP Address for Mac or Windows
- How to change your IP Address for iOS
Now that you’ve got access to SurfEasy’s different regions, what can you do:
- Get the best deals on travel tickets. With region switching, you can shop for the best deal on that flight; prices often vary according to what country you’re searching from.
- Use public wi-fi hotspots safe in the knowledge that your information is secure no matter where your web connection is coming from!
Have fun – and stay safe!